The Carnival Breeze cruise ship! I am delighted to have my cousin, who loves to cruise, share his experience on Carnival Breeze. He discusses the rooms, restaurants, drink options and excursions in Jamaica and Grand Cayman! This is a great addition to the cruise section of the website!
From Kurt (who cruised with his wife Kara)
- How long was your cruise, where did it cruise to and out of which port? We went on the Carnival Breeze for 6 nights out of Miami to the Western Caribbean.
- What did you think of the cost? It was definitely affordable. Actually it was absolutely worth every penny. Our previous 2 cruises were around the same time on Royal Caribbean for 7 nights and we paid a 1/3 of the price for this Carnival Breeze cruise.
- Which countries did you visit and for how long? This Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival Breeze went to Ocho Rios in Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico. We stayed roughly 8 hours in each port.
- Did you go on any tours/excursions? We did 2 different excursions, one in Ocho Rios and one in the Cayman Islands. We booked both through the Carnival Breeze cruise ship. In Ocho Rios, we did the Dunns River Falls party cruise. It was a blast!
In Grand Cayman, we did a submarine tour which was amazing! It takes you down about 115 feet under water. I think each was $99/person. In Cozumel we had lunch at a restaurant at the Port called Pancho’s Backyard Mexican Restaurant. Good food and Great view!!!
- Which port or excursion was your favorite? I might come off as bias since I am Jamaican, but I loved Ocho Rios and going to Dunns River Falls.
It had been years since I visited Dunns River! It is definitely a must see…
- Give a basic description of the ship. The Carnival Breeze cruise ship is fairly big. What I loved were some of the food options that were included like Guy Fieri’s Burgers, Blue Iguana Mexican Restaurant, & the Hot Dog stand. The comedians we had on the cruise were amazing and the place we hung out at the most was the Piano bar.
We had a balcony room and were very impressed with how big it felt compared to our balconies on Oasis and Allure. The only downfall for us were the amount of spring breakers since it was March (now I know we’re old…). I will say we did the drink package for the all-inclusive drinks which actually limits you to 15 drinks per day. What I didn’t like is that it gives you less options than the drink package on Royal Caribbean so next time we will likely pass on their drink package. We did eat at two of the specialty restaurants on Carnival Breeze, a Steakhouse & an Italian Restaurant, and they were both worth it.
- How does it compare to other cruise ships you have sailed on? Carnival Breeze is definitely different from the Allure and Oasis ships of Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean ships are more elegant but what we liked about Carnival is we had more fun! If you’re looking for a more romantic & relaxing cruise, I would suggest Royal Caribbean. However, if you are looking for a fun cruise for a large group of people then Carnival Breeze is for you. The Carnival cruise line is known to have passengers of a younger age.
Thank you Kurt for sharing this valuable review with us! Although I have cruised many times on Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Princess cruise lines I have not cruised on Carnival line-yet! If you are planning a cruise be sure to read the “Cruise Tips & Tricks” article to get the most out of your experience! Have you cruised on Carnival or Carnival Breeze? If so share your thoughts with us!
For more information on Carnival cruise line and Carnival Breeze please visit their website.
Sign up to learn about luxury travel with food + wine experts all over the world.
Curated small group trips where all you have to do is pack your bag, relax & enjoy!
+ Receive my free packing & to-do lists for International travel!
I love Carnival! And Ocho Rios is amazing, we had such a good time there many years ago. Beautiful trip! #laceyslegacy
Thanls Lacey! I love Ocho Rios as well!
I’m dying to go on a cruise with my husband. It’s good to know that Carnival is cheaper than other cruises. I will definitely be checking it out.
I haven’t been on a cruise in years and it looks like your cousin and his wife had a blast! The hubs and I visit the Caribbean at least once a year, but we normally just fly straight to whatever island we’re visiting. I may need to rethink cruising – it’s come a long way, baby!
Alli yes it has! Since you love the Caribbean I think you would enjoy a cruise and its great for families! Pick one with islnads you have not been to yet.
It has been years since I’ve last went on a cruise- I was a teenager. I’m hoping to make plans to go cruising with my family soon, hopefully at the end of this year or next year.
Lou I am sure you all would love it!
I’ve not been on a cruise yet but this was great information. I will certainly keep this in mind when booking my first trip.
I am sure you and your family woul dlove to cruise! Such great deals and great locations!
My twin sis and I will be celebrating our 40th Birthday in a few wks on Carnival Fantasy. It’s out of Charleston, SC and near family who’ll be joining us. We’ve been on about a half dozen or more cruises on Carnival. We will be on Royal Caribbean in September. It’ll be our first time with them. Many of the same locations as your cousin- Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Mexico, and the one addition is Haiti. First time to each location. And then….Fall 2016 my sis and I will take a Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona with Carnival Vista. It’ll have several ports in Italy, France, and Spain. Love, love to cruise.
Hey Sharee!1 Happy Birthday! I had not idea Cruise ships left out of Charleston! I love RC and of course Jamaica! I also enjoyed my Mediterranean cruise last fall to those same countries. Exciting!
I’ve always heard amazing things about cruises but have never been on one. Seems like a great way to travel and have an adventure on a budget.
Laila it absolutely is! I hope you will give it a try!
I’ve never been on a cruise but I really want to go soon. We’ll most likely go to the Mediterranean since a Caribbean cruise is like going home lol. Looks like they had an awesome time.
lol Vashti! I loved my Mediaterranean cruise! I do enjoy getting to know different islands as well.
I have not yet been on a cruise and would love to, they looks like so much fun, fun, fun!! Thanks for linking up to the #SundayTraveler!
Thnak you SJ! Cruises are a lot of fun!
It sounds like a good time. I am scared to death of the ocean (Titanic didn’t help me much) I didn’t realize just how large a cruise ship is. That might make it more tolerable for me. But, who knows what’s in the ocean. I’d hate to be stuck out there and find out.
Lisa I can understand the fear of the unknown but once you are on a big cruise ship you can almost forget that you are on the ocean-more like a luxury hotel that stops in different ports!
Simply fun and relaxing to have the best vacation in your life.
Thinking of traveling? Go for the best deals in the metro.
Enjoy the vacation of your dreams with your loved ones on the best spots in town.
I’m not a major fan of cruises but I guess it’s because I’ve been on 1 cruise ship and it did not have as many activities as the Sensation. I went on regular Caribbean (not even Royal Caribbean) years ago, and it was very simple
Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you will give cruising another try.
Hello blogger i see you don’t monetize your website.
You can earn additional $$$ easily, search on youtube for:
how to earn selling articles
Having read this there seem to be some wonderful places to visit.Had a quick look at your blog and love it already. Have subscribed. Looks like you’ve spent time in many of the places listed in this post.
Thank you for the excellent information on the Carnival Breeze.
We are about to book our first cruise, so it is great to read your post for guidance and tips.
I am glad you enjoyed it! Have a great cruise. It may be your first but I am sure it won’t be your last.